Waive Your School's Insurance
Note: For best results, please use your desktop or laptop computer. Student Center is not supported for mobile devices
Welcome to the Waive Your School's Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan, and have the fee removed from their student account. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
Submitting a waiver, is as easy as 123! The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are a “hard waiver student.
2013 - 2014 School Year Coming Soon!
2012 - 2013 School Year
A hard waiver student for your school is:
All full-time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours and graduate students or matriculated students taking 9 or more credit hours If this is you then, you would be considered a hard waiver student. Hard waiver students are required to have health insurance to attend New Jersey City University. You must complete an on-line waiver or enroll in the University’s policy, by:
- Annual Waiver Deadline: 9/26/12
- Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline: 2/11/13
- Summer Waiver Deadline: Contact Your School
For those students who do not submit an approved waiver form before the deadline, you will be automatically charged and officially enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Once enrolled, there are no refunds or cancellations. (Please note, automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline.)
- Your current health insurance plan ID card;
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions.) There might be a few questions about your current plan.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided, notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Approval e-mail – your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail – your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please
All part-time students. If this is you then you are exempt from the waiver process and you are not required to waive out of your school’s plan.