Waive Your School's Insurance
Note: For best results, please use your desktop or laptop computer. Student Center is not supported for mobile devices.
Welcome to the Waive Your School's Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan, and have the fee removed from their student account. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
Submitting a waiver, is as easy as 123! The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are a “hard waiver student.
2013 - 2014 School Year Coming Soon!
2012 - 2013 School Year
A hard waiver student for your school is:
Student residing in campus-sponsored housing for the 2012-2013 academic year. If this is you, then you would be considered a hard waiver student. Hard waiver students are required to have health insurance to attend Immaculata University. You must complete an on-line waiver or enroll in the University’s policy, by:
- Fall Waiver Deadline: 9/10/12
- Spring Waiver Deadline: 1/25/13
- Summer Waiver Deadline: N/A
For those students who do not submit an approved waiver form before the deadline, you will be automatically charged and officially enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Once enrolled, there are no refunds or cancelations. (Please note, automatic enrollment will occur AFTER the waiver deadline.)
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance, here’s what you will need:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card;
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions.) There might be a few questions about your current plan.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided, notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Pending e-mail – your insurance information is being verified and you should receive a second e-mail within a few days.
- Approval e-mail – your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail – your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly,
A voluntary student for your school is:
Student who is not residing on campus for the 2012-2013 academic year but is a Full Time Graduate, Undergraduate or International Student, taking at least 6 credits or is classified by Immaculata University as full-time. If this is you then you are exempt from the waiver process and you are not required to waive out of your school’s plan.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, please call 800-505-4160 or
We are always happy to help in anyway.