Waive Your School's Insurance
Note: For best results, please use your desktop or laptop computer. Student Center is not supported for mobile devices.
Welcome to the Waive Your School's Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan, and have the fee removed from their student account. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
Submitting a waiver, is as easy as 123! The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are a “hard waiver student.
2013 - 2014 School Year Coming Soon!
2012 - 2013 School Year
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an International student or Visiting Scholar you are automatically enrolled in this insurance Plan at registration.
- Annual Waiver Deadline: 8/31/12
- Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline: 1/31/13
A hard waiver student for your school is:
All full-time Domestic Undergraduate students. If this is you, then You must enroll or waive the school-sponsored insurance plan each academic year. It is important for you to make an informed health assessment each year. Make sure you are not left without appropriate health coverage – it could hinder your academic progress.
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have health insurance that meets all of the College plan requirements, is approved by the College and you are a U.S. Citizen. You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
Important: If you do not enroll for or waive coverage by the designated deadline, you will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan and charged the applicable premium. Once you are enrolled, the coverage cannot be cancelled except for certain life changing events and only if the policy has not been utilized.
- If you do not enroll in or waive the student health insurance by January 14, 2013 you may have a hold placed on your account.
- Students who do not respond by January 31, 2013 will be automatically charged for the student health plan.
- The College reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the College insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- Waiver of the College’s sponsored plan does not impact your ability to utilize the services of the Dickinson College Student Health Center.
to start the waiver process.
In Order to Complete the Waiver Card Below, You Will Need the Following:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card.
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description
- Please refer to the Dickinson College Policy Brochure to help you complete your assessment.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided, notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Pending e-mail – your insurance information is being verified and you should receive a second e-mail within a few days.
- Approval e-mail – your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail – your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you
answered a question incorrectly, please